Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Prometheus Prodigy

What payback do I get for making fun of Robert's worrying over our
little fire?

My dad asking me to help him burn back two acres of their prairie.

That was some mighty scary shit.

I tried to look cool and capable and not like some big city pussy, but
I admit, I was alarmed. For good reason as it turned out.

After giving me a glance over, he said, "Good. Looks like you're
wearing cotton. If you had rayon on and caught on fire, you'd go up like a human torch. I don't think you'd be able to do acting anymore."

Confidence-inspiring. Thanks, dad.

I, ultimately, was fine. My dad, on the other hand, singed off his
eyebrows and the tongue of hair he has over his forehead when a huge
blaze flared up at a particularly strong gust of wind.

Sweet Christ in heaven.

He's planning on doing this every year from here on out now that I'm
nearby to help.

Pray for me.

No comments: