Wednesday, April 9, 2008

We're in!








So last Monday we closed on the house, and we've been so busy since then that I haven't been able to post. Robert wields the whip harshly! 

There he is in the top picture trying not to look nervous about burning back the mini-prairie we've got along our driveway.

I'm next with my safety goggles, working on priming the ceiling with this sanded primer stuff that is hell on an eyeball if it gets stuck there.

And that's the scaffolding we're using tomorrow to start applying the clay. In the next picture, our master bedroom, you can kind of see the primer on the walls. That's the first room we're going to plaster. It'll be an experience I'm sure!

The next picture's of our future girl's room, however she shows up... once we're settled Robert and I are going to be getting certified to be foster parents and we're going to see if we can find our little girl. : )

And the next room is Max's room. He wanted a red room, so we compromised and I used the red on an accent wall. It looks really good in person. You'll have to come check it out for yourself.

Finally, a red-crested woodpecker, flew smack into one of my parents' windows and stunned itself for a little while. My mom rescued it and let the kids hold it while it was till in a dazed state. They let it go very shortly after getting to look at it up close.

We're aiming to get completely moved into the house by April 21st. I think we just may be able to make it. We've just got to plaster the walls, rebuild the bathroom, and lay down the floors.
Robert laid the floor down in our little office, and he did a great job. I'll try to get a picture of that, too, my phone just ran out of juice today.

Okay, my lats are killing me from running that roller over my head all day.

It's a good sore. 


No comments: