Thursday, May 22, 2008

First Blood

Although it doesn't really look that bad here, Max gave us our first
'Oh Holy Hell Let's Get This Kid to the Hospital NOW!!!!' moment.

He was running into the house to show me something when he slipped and
face-planted right into a cement stair. Robert was right behind him
and scooped him up on his arms and called for me.

Robert had him on a cradle hold and when I came running in, he tipped
Max up. As he did, a gush of blood poured out of Max's mouth.

Lor-dee!!!

I grabbed a washcloth and blotted away as much of the blood as gently
as I could and was surprised to see only a small gash. The bleeding
there stopped after maybe a minute, although the area continued to
swell.

We figured the mouthful of blood must've accumulated cause Max was
lying in Robert's arms.

The next day the swelling was worse, so I convinced Max to let me
investigate further. Sure enough, I discovered another bigger cut
inside. Apparently his tooth punctured all the way from inside his
mouth through to his face and the edge of his upper lip.

My little guy!!!

We waited a day to see if the swelling'd go down and it did, so...
all's well that ends well.

We're actually shocked we've not had to take Max to the hospital yet,
the crazy, little gremlin.

1 comment:

Nhật Ngũyén said...

When I was little, I fell down a flight of cement stairs, crashed my head into the car windshield, and stepped on a nail in the park. My poor mom. Lucky for Max, he was scooped up. I just got myself up and dusted myself off.

Nhat.

P.S. I kissed/got kissed this weekend. By a boy. First time, in eight years.