Monday, May 5, 2008

Snuggled in Our Happy Hollow


Tonight is the third night of being in our new home.

I have to say... it is absolutely lovely. When I walk through the house I breathe deeply and just admire all that I see. It's just like the picture I created in my head when we decided to put an offer in on it. And it's profoundly tranquil here. No noise. No lights. No neighbors in sight. Just delightful.

The one picture I posted above is of our living room... it's the only room that's close to being done. See that blank space of the room on the right, where there's no furniture? Robert got the brilliant idea of putting a floor to ceiling bookcase there. So once we get some extra dough, he's going to see if he can engineer a plan to put it in. 

He really did a magnificent job pulling all of this together. Plastering practically the whole house, laying down the floor, organizing everything... of course, I did my share of work, too, but he really kicked ass, and it has SO paid off. My handy guy.

Once we get the other rooms ship-shape I'll post more pictures of them.

And, hey, thanks so much to everyone who called to wish us a happy first night in our new home. That really meant a lot to us. I know we've been so busy we haven't been the greatest at keeping in touch, but... thus the blog! We'll be better now that we're here. Hopefully.

Gotta hit the hay, getting up early to go to Chicago for an audition. G'night.

1 comment:

Nhật Ngũyén said...

Your house is beautiful. My jealously is only reduced because of my new found love for Legolas. He's been a great ride.